Knauf Earthwool Insulation's natural brown colour is a result of ECOSE™ Technology; a revolutionary, new binding methodology born from 5 years of intensive insulation research.
Earthwool is made from abundant mineral and organic materials rather than fossil fuel-based chemicals used to make other insulation products.
ECOSE Technology means that up to 70% less energy is required to make Earthwool compared to traditional insulation products.
It doesn't contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics, phenol or the artificial colours used to make traditional fibreglass insulation.
Earthwool Insulation combines sand, recycled glass from bottles and ECOSE Technology to create Earthwool Batts, Earthwool Roofing Blankets, Earthwool HVAC blankets, and Earthwool Underfloor Insulation.
Reduce heat in Summer and lock out the cold in Winter
To gain maximum comfort and energy savings for your home, installation of ceiling batts is recommended. With Earthwool Ceiling Batts, which come in a full range of "R values", you can stop up to 70% of heat flowing through your home's ceilings which is the area of greatest heat loss in the home.
- Earthwool reduces heat entering the home through the roof in Summer and escaping in Winter
- It cuts down the noise of rain and noise from the street that reverberates through your ceiling cavity
- Earthwool retards the spread of a roof-space fire
- Earthwool lowers electricity bills and helps the environment by enabling a more efficient use of cooling or heating equipment (i.e. once the home is heated or cooled, the equipment can maintain this comfortable level using less power)
- Earthwool ceiling batts meet the Australian Standard AS/NZS 4859.1:2002