Earthwool Wall and Ceiling Batts are made with ecose technology, and revolutionary new binder based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable based chemicals. Ecose technology reduces binder and bodied energy and containsno phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colours found in traditional glasswool insulation making it the safe option for your home.
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls and ceilings.
- Earthwool wall and ceiling batts are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermon and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistant quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling
- Earthwool insulation is fire resistant and non-combustible
- Earthwool insulation does not support microba growth
- Earthwool insulation is corrosion resistant (no greater than sterile cotton).
EarthWool wall and ceiling batts provide a cost-affective thermal and acoustical barrier for energy-efficent construction. The batts' consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient wool makes installation fast.ECOSE Technology a revolutionary new binder based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petrolium based chemicals.EarthWool containes no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colours found in traditional glasswool insulation
Insulation to the correct level has potential to save 20-30% on heating and cooling bills if ceilings are insulated and a further 15-20% if external walls are also insulated.
The batts are laid directly over your ceiling,between the timber ceiling joist. Care is taken to insure we cut arround all penetrations(ie..Down Lights,Ceiling Fans etc.) All insulation fitted by Outback insulation complies with all Australian standards and fitting requirements(ie..Down Light covers,wiring rules etc.)
Yes.Outback Insulation using our Vac N Sack System offer an insulation removal service where old insulation and toxic dust is removed from the ceiling,The ceiling is vacuumed with our state of the art HEPA rated four stage filtration Insulation and Dust Extraction Unit then our professional insulation installers will install your new premium insulation.
In simple terms R value is a measure of thermal resistence and how well an insulation material reduces heat flow.The denser the insulation,the higher the R value.
Yes. If you have down lights in your ceiling you will still be able to put insulation in your ceiling. Installers will need to ensure that your down lights and/or any other electrical fittings are either covered by a down light cover that meets the relevant Australian Standard or located a safe distance from any insulating materials.
There is a wide variety of ceiling insulation available in Australia and you will need to consider what type is most suitable for your particular circumstances. You will need to take into account such things as your geographic location, the aspect of your home, the type of roofing fixture etc.
Yes, Outback Insulation offer a supply only and delivery service